Reservations & Policies
TO MAKE A RESERVATION, USE OUR RESERVATION REQUEST FORM OR CONTACT US.
We'll do our best to accommodate you! The quickest way
to reach us is by phone (985.630.8960), though we tend
to answer e-mails promptly.
- MINIMUM STAY: On weekends (Friday-Sunday), there is a two night minimum stay requirement for our three guest bedrooms. Depending on the season, a one night stay is available on weeknights (Monday-Thursday). Please contact us for details, or to request a reservation.
- RATES: Guest bedroom rates are based on double occupancy. An extra charge of $75.00 per night applies for each additional person age 17 & up. For kids age 3 to 6, the extra charge is $25.00 per night; for kids age 7 to 11, $45.00 per night; and for kids age 12 to 16, $60.00 per night. The extra charge is per person for the extra horse, breakfast, linens, rollaway/cot, bait, and petting farm feed. Guest cabin rates are also based on double occupancy, but extra person charges are lower since guest cabin rates don't include breakfast. Discounts and specials do not apply to extra person charges or on Holiday weekends.
- CHILDREN: Children are welcome, though we do not provide child care. Close adult supervision is required around pool, stables, and kennels. Children age 3 and under stay in room with parents free. Children staying at our bed a breakfast are allowed to go on the trail if they are ages 8 and up. We have small horses/ponies for younger children to ride in the arena. A parent or guardian must accompany small children in the arena.
- HORSEBACK RIDING: Guest room rates include one free horseback ride per night stay. Our bed & breakfast trail rides typically last for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Additional rides cost $40.00/person for an extra hour, $60.00/person for a 2-hour trail ride or $75.00/person for a 3-hour trail ride. If you do not show up or stay for your scheduled ride, your credit card will be charged for the entire ride, including tax. For your safety and the comfort of our horses, there is a weight limit of 250 pounds to ride at Splendor Farms. Sorry, no exceptions.
- HORSEBACK RIDING WAIVER FORM FOR MINORS: Children under age 18 riding without a parent or guardian must bring a completed Waiver Form signed by a parent/guardian and dated the day of the ride. No exceptions.
- PETS: Guest pets must be crated when you are not in your room, and on a leash when on the grounds. There are limited select pet-friendly accommodations. No pets are allowed in the Guest Bunkhouse or Guest Cabin. There is a $25 fee for each pet per night. Limit 2 pets per room and must be under 50lb each. Pets are not allowed in the Kennel or Dining Room areas.
- ALCOHOL: Consumption of alcohol is permitted.
- SMOKING: Splendor Farms is a smoke free environment for the comfort and health of our guests and animals. Smoking is not allowed by the pool/patio, near entrances to accommodations, nor in the barn/kennel areas. Thank you for understanding! We do have one designated smoking area, however - please ask or contact us for details.
- CHECK-IN/CHECK-OUT: Check-in time is from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Check-out time is 11:30 a.m. Specific arrangements can be made on a case-by-case basis regarding check-in and check-out depending upon room availability. NOTE: If you are not checked in by 7 p.m. and haven't made arrangements for late check-in your reservation may be cancelled without notice.
- PAYMENT: We accept cash, personal checks, and credit cards; however, there is a $75.00 minimum for credit card payments. If you must pay an amount less than $75.00 by credit card, we will add a 2.5% charge. We understand many people are trying to earn points and miles, but credit card charges hurt a small business. A deposit of $75.00 per night's stay is needed to hold your reservation. Reservation confirmation will be supplied by e-mail or U.S. postal service. Birthday Parties, Scout Troop visits, and Field Trips require a $50.00 Booking Fee, which goes towards our Equine Insurance for your group. If you have to cancel, this booking fee can be applied to a rebooking of the same event within six (6) months. Bounced check fee is $50.00. Stopped payment check fee is $100.00.
- CANCELLATIONS: We understand that circumstances may cause you to have to cancel or reschedule your stay. If you need to cancel please call us since your deposit can be applied to another stay within six (6) months of your cancelled reservation. Cancellations at least 7 days prior to check-in are fully refundable except for a $75.00 cancellation fee ($125.00 on Holiday Weekends). Cancellations within 7 days of check-in are non-refundable, but your deposit may be applied to another stay within six (6) months. If you do not show up for your reservation, all deposits and/or prepaid vouchers (e.g., Groupon, LivingSocial, Amazon Local, Gift/Auction certificates, Crescent City Trade Exchange trade dollars, etc.) will be forfeited. If you cancel your reservation the day of check-in you will be charged the full amount but can apply the funds for a similar stay within six (6) months. If there's a medical or other emergency, please call us to let us know why you couldn't show up for your reservation. If it is deemed there are extenuating circumstances, which enable you to receive a refund, please note it can take up to six to eight weeks. There is a $25.00 fee to reverse credit card charges.
- DAMAGE FEE: An extra $100.00 damage fee applies to guests (including children and pets) who cause significant property damage during their stay at Splendor Farms B&B. Examples include, but are not limited to, unusually damaged floors, doors, walls, windows, furniture, electric cords, curtains, linens, and rugs.
- NO WALK-INS, PLEASE: We don't mind if you make an appointment to see us before you decide to stay. However, arriving without our knowledge puts you at risk (numerous livestock and insurance problems) and makes us uncomfortable. Thank you for understanding.
- ROOM GUARANTEE: While we always try our best to accommodate guests in the room(s) of their choosing, occasionally we're required to substitute rooms for a variety of reasons. We reserve the right to make room substitutions when necessary to guarantee your reservation.
- RAIN DATES: On weekends when it rains
heavily, guests will receive a "rain date" they
can use on any non-holiday weekend when there's availability.
- LOST KEY(S): There is a $25.00 replacement fee for lost keys at our B&B.
- GIFT/AUCTION CERTIFICATES: Gift & Auction Certificates are not transferable and must be used before their expiration date. They cannot be used in connection with any other special or package. Tax & gratuity are not included in any silent auction donation.
- LAUNDRY SERVICE: Laundry service is available for $10.00 per load.
- MILITARY DISCOUNT: Splendor Farms B&B is proud to offer a 10% US military discount. Discount applies to all guest room rates.
- TAX ON LIVINGSOCIAL, GROUPON & AMAZON LOCAL DEALS: Tax & gratuity are not included in B&B deals on LivingSocial, Groupon and Amazon Local. After the Louisiana Association of Tax Assessors ("LATA") December 2011 convention, we are no longer required to charge tax based on the original price on 1/2 price deals from Groupon, Living Social, Amazon Local, etc. All 1/2 price deals will be charged the St. Tammany Parish, State of Louisiana applicable sales tax (9.75% for trail rides, birthday parties & spend the days or 8% for B&B stays) based on the price paid for the deal. Groupon, LivingSocial, and Amazon Local deals cannot be combined with each other or with any other Splendor Farms special or package.
- VOUCHER EXTENSIONS: Prepaid gift certificates and vouchers from deal sites such as LivingSocial, Groupon and Amazon Local can be extended by 6 months for a $50.00 extension fee. Expired deal vouchers can also be used as credit in the amount and for the activity purchased.
- HOLIDAYS: We do not accept gift certificates, half-price vouchers, or trade dollars for reservations on holidays - i.e., New Year's Day/Eve, Valentine's Day, Easter/Spring Break, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving.
Splendor Farms is closed on Thanksgiving,
Christmas (December 23-26),
New Year's Eve & New Year's Day. Vacation Packages are available.
Got questions? Please contact